photo home_zpsf660307b.jpg            photo follow_zpsf3eeb6e5.jpg         photo tutes_zps2632b987.jpg         photo galleries_zpsbe72ef9d.jpg

10.03.2010

Operation: Pay It Forward

Another month come and gone. . .

And I didn't finish 5 dresses. . .




I finished 8!!!!

Pillowcase dresses are such a breeze-- but still look so cute!  I tend to buy sheets when they are on clearance at Target and Wal-Mart.  I picked up a few just last week.  Twin sheet sets for $3.50.  Do you know how many yards of fabric are in a sheet set?!?!? 

Love it! 

Plus, there is a cute little pillowcase that is all ready to whip into a cute little dress.



These dresses will be going to:


an organization that sends dresses to girls throughout the world that are in need.  They are actually celebrating their 1 year anniversary in the month of October.  The hope is to get up to 10,000 dresses by the end of the month.  If you have an extra hour or an extra $10 to donate (for shipping the dresses), pop on over to their site and see how you can help.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

For the month of October, my goal is to make 2 baby/kid blankets for Project Linus.  I have been donating blankets to Project Linus since waaaayyy back when the only thing I knew how to sew were rag quilts.  I made them by the dozens-- literally!  When I ran out of friends who had newborns to give them to, I found Project Linus.  They donate quilts to children in hospitals.  I had a friend back in Kansas who had a baby boy that died before his first birthday.  They spent many months in the hospital during that year.  She now treasures the blanket they recieved from Project Linus.

And there you have it.  I can't tell you how good it feels to actually accomplish a real goal! 

Wahoo!

What did you sew and donate in the month of September?  What are your goals for the month of October?

10 comments:

Alisha said...

I've been wanting to make some blankets for Project Linus as well, but I keep putting it off. Hopefully I can come back here at the end of the and report that I've completed one or two.

Tawny said...

I spent my September making 10 comforters for Siloam Mission (it's a local homeless shelter in Winnipeg). I dropped all 10 off on October 1st. It was a big challenge, but so worth it! :)

http://tawnykw.blogspot.com/2010/09/pay-it-forward-comforters-for-siloam.html

Shanea said...

Thank you so much for sharing your efforts. Because of you and your blog, I learned about Dress a Girl Around the World and my sewing buddy and I are hosting a pillowcase dress making party next month. I am SO excited. I am pretty new to sewing and pillowcase dresses are so easy for me.
Thanks again!

Shanea
miamihoney@gmail.com

Rachel said...

thanks for sharing the dress a girl around the world link ~ i would like to make some pillowcase dresses in the future & was wondering where i could send them :)

Anonymous said...

I just donated 17 pillowcase dresses to Dresses for Africa through a local fabric/quilt store. I'm not going to have much time to work in October so I'm looking for something simple to do.

Andrea @ TheTrainToCrazy.com said...

Great work!!

applesofgold said...

I finished and mailed off my first quilt for Quilts For Kids. I'm so excited!

Karee said...

Thank you for sharing info on the Dress A Girl Around the World project. My fabric stash now has a new purpose! Project Linus and Quilts of Valor have been my focus up until now. Oh, and I love your charming tie element. Lovely.

augustwalker said...

If you have an HP Printer and you don't know how to connect hp deskjet 2600 to wifi. So, follow the given Complete Guide which helps to connect HP printer to wifi.

Lillian J. Turner said...

MyBlogger Club

Guest Posting Site

Best Guest Blogging Site

Guest Blogger

Guest Blogging Site