photo home_zpsf660307b.jpg            photo follow_zpsf3eeb6e5.jpg         photo tutes_zps2632b987.jpg         photo galleries_zpsbe72ef9d.jpg

7.01.2010

Operation: Pay It Forward

Hello, my friends! Today is the first day of Operation: Pay It Forward.

Again, here's the deal. Each month I am going to pick a cause to make something for. If you want to join me, leave a comment. At the end of the month, whoever actually finished something to contribute will be entered into a giveaway. (Don't know what it will be yet-- may be something cool-- but will probably just be some fabric or scraps or something totally boring-- but this isn't really about GETTING stuff, it's about GIVING stuff, right?)

Sound good? Great. So here is what I have planned for July--



Giving Back to our Communities

My goal is to make 5 drawstring bags using some of my scraps by the end of July.


AAANNNNDDDD. . .
(Yes, I am doing two in July-- both have deadlines! Should have started in June. . .)



My goal is to make 10 quilt blocks in July. Another great scrap buster!

(Okay, and get this! Our amazing, quilty friend Lisa is going to hand deliver her squares to Anna Maria Horner herself! I asked if she would mind delivering a few more and she said she would be more than happy to. So, if you want, you can mail your squares directly to Lisa and you may get a picture of your square with AMH! How awesome is that?!?!)

So, click on the pictures, find out more info, look through your scraps to see if you can part with a few and come back here to tell me your giving-goal. Oh, and since everyone has a button for everything, here you are. Grab one if you want.





So, are you in?
If the answer is yes, leave me a comment with your name (or nickname) and YOUR giving goal. Even if it is for a different cause than mine, it still works. The idea is just to set a goal. Anything sewing related, made for a cause goes!

2 comments:

lorena said...

Hi Leisel, I started on these projects a couple weeks back when you first posted about them and not because of a possibility of a giveaway either, mind you. ;)

My quilt block goal was to make one block in each color of the rainbow (well, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple, anyway). And 5 drawstring bags as well. :)

Don't have a blog, sorry, but I love reading yours. :)

lorepuckett at verizon dot net

Anonymous said...

I'm IN! I contacted Debbie to get a pattern for the neck coolers so that's what I'm making. Hope to do 10!
Nancy
iris*hill
iris @ st-tel.net