photo home_zpsf660307b.jpg            photo follow_zpsf3eeb6e5.jpg         photo tutes_zps2632b987.jpg         photo galleries_zpsbe72ef9d.jpg

2.18.2010

The Manhattan Dress

When I stop and think for a few minutes about my sewing, I realize that I am really more of a 'copycat artist' than an actual creator. Most of my ideas come from others, mostly things I find on the internet-- and there are so many of them!!! My list of projects I want to make someday keeps growing and growing. This dress is another of my 'copycat creations'. I saw the idea on http://www.youcanmakethis.com/, under the 'I Made This' tab. So, thank you Kristin for the fabulous idea!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous! What a fabulous dress!
I am a 'copycat' sometimes as well! I think we all rely on others ideas for inspiration and we take these ideas and put our own creative spin on it. xx

Brooke said...

LLLLLOOOVEEEE IIITTT!!! It's beautiful!! Can I have one in Brighton's size? Oh. THANKS!!!! I love you!!!

Kelly O. said...

I'm the same. Using someone else's creativity I spin my own angle on it and ta da!
but often I see somethning someone else has made and I want to make it look EXACTLY like it--yeah copy cat.

Melissa said...

I prefer to think of it as "Inspired" rather than "Plagiarized" :)

Unknown said...

That is an adorable dress. I feel like you, I get inspiration out of other people's work and then I want to make the item as well. Good work

Lacey said...

I think I saw this on your etsy store site and loved it, still do!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute!!!

Leslie said...

this is so so adorable.

Lisa Sipes said...

I... LOVE... this!!! What a darling dress for a darling model!

Jennifer said...

This is SO cute! I might have to be 'inspired' by you to make one of these! :)

Somer said...

I love the dress. I think we all copy on occasion, and I might have to copy this.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I describe myself as a copycatter too. Love the dress!

dana said...

I find myself doing that too!
Very cute. reminds me of the Katy Did easter dresses too.

Jami Nato said...

ridiculously cute.