photo home_zpsf660307b.jpg            photo follow_zpsf3eeb6e5.jpg         photo tutes_zps2632b987.jpg         photo galleries_zpsbe72ef9d.jpg

6.06.2010

Odds and Ends

Do any of you ever have so much inspiration all at once that you just can't imagine having enough time in this life to ever complete all the projects you want to accomplish?
I seem to be having one of those moments. . .




Inspiration #1:




Tim Burton's
Alice in Wonderland




I just watched this movie for the first time yesterday and OH! How much fun! The costumes in this movie are fantastic-- such eye candy!






It has the right amount of vintage, with lots of fun color. Truly unique. . .



Inspiration #2:




I am not a magazine person. I just don't read them and they cost so much money. But I have found one magazine that I can not live without:





There are some amazing-ly girly, ruffly and just plain FUN ideas and patterns in the current issue! And while I consider it quite pricey ($15 for one issue), this one contains a pattern from Oliver + S, plus 36 other patterns, so I figure as long as I want to use several of the patterns, it really is worth it.




Speaking of the Oliver + S pattern, do you think I can figure out how to make a Mama sized one? And one for every little girl I know?





Inspiration #3:




Nothing is more inspiring than the opportunity to do a little service. Anna Maria Horner (my current fave fabric designer) is organizing a quilting project to donate quilts to those in middle Tennessee who lost their homes during the flooding this May. And all she is asking for is quilt blocks. This is the perfect way to use up scraps, practice different types of quilt blocks, or if you have never quilted, this is the perfect opportunity to learn to sew quilt blocks! So come on all-- join me!
(Click on the picture for more info.)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

So, exactly how many minutes are in a day? Hopefully enough for me to accomplish a few of my ideas-- AND a few ideas from others!

PS Did you know that according to synonyms.com, there is no synonym for the word 'inspiration'? Huh.

3 comments:

CourtneysMommy said...

that top is sooo cute! Wish I knew how to sew so I could make one for my daughter. :) I believe you can do all things you said you want to do if you put your mind to it, anything is possible :)

The Sewing Dork said...

I hear you... I think I lose sleep at night lying awake in bed dreaming up projects. I'm going to get that issue of Stitch you have in this post. The cover is yummy!

Carla said...

I hear you! I was just telling my hubby that I need more hours in the day, more days in the month, and at least 2 more months in the year! My list just keep growing and growing. Sometimes I don't want to look because I know I'll see something to add to my list. Thanks for the info on the Rainbow ARound the Block. I am so going to make and send some. :o)