photo home_zpsf660307b.jpg            photo follow_zpsf3eeb6e5.jpg         photo tutes_zps2632b987.jpg         photo galleries_zpsbe72ef9d.jpg

5.24.2009

The Un-Princess Dress

I found this darling little pattern one day on Etsy and couldn't wait to make it for K2. For some reason I had her in mind for this dress. I picked out fabric and even bought matching shoes to go with this specific dress.


I whipped it up-- didn't take too long-- and couldn't wait to have her try it on!


And then. . . K2 informed me that it was NOT a good princess dress because it did not twirl and princess dresses need to twirl lots. My bad! Fortunately for me, K1 and K2 wear about the same size dress so I just figured I would put it on K1. So that Sunday I whipped out a long sleeve pink shirt to match and put the dress on her. Out came the tears. Apparently K1 doesn't like UN-princess dresses either.

Oh well! I guess I can't please everyone! (Or anyone-- somehow seems to be part of being a mom!) But I think it is cute. . .

5 comments:

koala brains said...

Very cute! So when does it start - criticism from child about clothes you make? My daughter is almost 4, hopefully it'll be a while longer. :)

Miss Jean said...

I've been making granddaughter dresses for holidays for 11 years now and they can be picky. for the last 2 years the oldest has been "too big" for princess dresses and then, at Easter, told me she wanted a twirly dress again. back to the drawing board. my biggest challenge is to find similar patterns for girls 6 years apart in age and now a little brother. so far I've made him matching shirts or vest or my newest find, a little necktie pattern. they sure have great photos at holiday time when their outfits cooordinate.

Stephanie said...

That is adorable. I love the fabric.

Lisa said...

Very cute dress!

Sweet Woodruff said...

Awww, how sad. I would have cried. Are you going to sell it or keep it?