photo home_zpsf660307b.jpg            photo follow_zpsf3eeb6e5.jpg         photo tutes_zps2632b987.jpg         photo galleries_zpsbe72ef9d.jpg

10.31.2012

The Costume Chronicles, Part 9, 10, & 11

after finishing all the other costumes i had on my agenda, i was left with a very large problem. what should i make for MY kids? for as old as they are, they are pretty good about letting me do most of the deciding on halloween costumes. (except the 'chipettes'. . . they have wanted to be the chipettes for the last several years. ummmm. . . no, thank you!) so, here we are. down to the last few days, three costumes to make and we finally agreed upon. . .

(source)

fairies.  specifically, tinkerbell and friends.  even more specifically, tinkerbell and her newest friend, periwinkle from the new movie "secret of the wings." 

and let me tell you, it took every second i could find in those three days to get these costumes done!  whew! 

The Fairies


we made dresses, wigs, slippers, feathers, accessories and wings!  oh, those fairy wings. . .  there were many different tutorials i found for fairy wings, but the one i ended up using was simply amazing.

this is what her wings looked like:


can you believe someone MADE those?  and then told us all how to make our own?  stunning!

you can find the tutorial here.

mine didn't turn out as fantastic. . . but i liked them-- despite the two hours they each took and the fact that during our halloween activities i had to 'unsquish' them every two minutes.  . .


to sell 335640


they were made with layers of tulle, ribbon and sparkly fabric.  then i used silver thread and did a satin stitch (is that what it is called?) over the top of wire.  yes, in swirls!

and this one's costume?

Periwinkle


it also has wired running throughout it to make the edges turn up like real leaves. 

to sell 335672


and after all the hours creating these costumes, my favorite part ended up being the little slippers-- by far the easiest part of the entire process!

okay, so now you get a little picture overload.

Silvermist
Tinker BellTink and PeriwinkleSilvermist and Periwinkle

i am starting to think my girls are getting a little spoiled when it comes to halloween costumes.  they feel it is their 'duty' to make sure that each and every detail is exactly as it should be while i am doing the constructing.  maybe i should make them wear store bought costumes next year-- what do you think?

hmmmm. . .

nah!  what would i do for the entire month of october?  ;0)


and with that, i wish you a

'FAIRY'

Happy Halloween!

37 comments:

nest full of eggs said...

amazing !
love the icy blues & the silver hair !
you are so talented at making costumes !

Desi @ Wee Share said...

I LOVE the Tinkerbell Winter Woods Jacket. My daughter really loves the new Secret of the Wings movie and I would love to make her one of these. Did you use a pattern or could you provide me with some sort of starting point? I have been sewing for years, I just tend to do better with a tutorial or pattern.

Thank you!
Desi
weeshareblog@gmail.com
http://www.weeshare.net

Nicole said...

This has been my daughters favorite movie since it came out! Do you have a tutorial for all of these? Oh and patterns if so could you email them to me. I would love to create these for my daughters 3rd birthday. Thesalcidofamily@gmail.com
Thanks, fabulous job!
Nicole

d-c-designs said...

Just another person wondering about patterns. My 2 year old daughter says the Tinkerbell dress up clothes in the store aren't right. She says they just have her face and Tinkerbell does not wear her face on her clothes. "She wears a beautiful green jacket with white fluffies and green boots." And that is what she wants for Christmas. A coat like Tinkerbell! Oh my!

julia Buman Buman said...

Yes I too would love a pattern. Teachingleaves@gmail.com

julia Buman Buman said...

Yes I too would love a pattern. Teachingleaves@gmail.com

julia Buman Buman said...

Yes I too would love a pattern. Teachingleaves@gmail.com

Sara Jepsen said...

Could I have a copy of the pattern you used for Tinkerbell's Winter outfit?
Thank you.

sajepsen@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Hi! just came across this post as I was searching for costume ideas. your girls are precious, and the costumes amazing! I second the comments above, and would love some information on any patterns you used. My email is ellen@bogles.net. thanks for the inspiration!! Ellen

joanna garcia said...

my girls love this movie and i would love to make this can you send me a pattern too? great work! priscillavalentina@aol.com

Sharon said...

Wonderful, Wonderful, wonderful. AS the others, my daughter is too, a huge fan of tinkerbell. I would love any pattern information for the winter jacket too!! sleigh13@hotmail.com
Keep up the great work and thanks for the inspiration!

Lourdes Santaballa said...

Hi, I just googled "tinkerbell coat tutorial" and came up with this blog. Any advice or pattern you can give me to make a coat for my girl, who just saw the movie, will be appreciated. My email is lourdes DOT santaballa AT gmail DOT com. Thanks. Please note that the capitalized words are symbols to prevent spam bots.

April Lake said...

love this! could i also get the pattern/tutorial for the tinkerbell coat

tutu_cute_creations@yahoo.com

Pamela said...

Hi! I'd love the pattern for the Tinkerbell coat! Thank you!
pskessler@hotmail.com

Aubrey Kinnaman said...

Would you be willing to provide a tutorial or sell a pattern for the Periwinkle costume. I already have a little tutu dress whipped up for my 20 month old to be Tinkerbell... but my 5 year old is DYING to be periwinkle. This is the most accurate costume I've seen! Publishing from my google account but email address is aubrey dot kinnaman at gmail dot com.

Aubrey Kinnaman said...

Or do you have an etsy store from which I could purchase?

Joi Monnin said...

I have been trying to find a Periwinkle costume for my 5 year old . Even the cheapy-pre-made ones are sold out and I can't find a pattern either. Yours looks fantastic! The best one I have seen. Would you consider emailing me the pattern? I would really appreciate it.
joimonnin AT gmail DOT com.

allnines99 said...

I LOVE the Tinkerbell costume! My girls are participating in the RunDisney Tinkerbell 5K in January and I would love to make this coustume for them. It would keep them warm and look adorable. Would you please share the the pattern information? Thanks!!!
dmbeyer9@yahoo.com

Flick said...

Do you have a pattern for sell on etsy or anything? Love the periwinkle outfit. My email address is lisa.kunst@yahoo.com

Flick said...

Do you have a pattern for sell on etsy or anything? Love the periwinkle outfit. My email address is lisa.kunst@yahoo.com

Flick said...

Do you have a pattern for sell on etsy or anything? Love the periwinkle outfit. My email address is lisa.kunst@yahoo.com

Flick said...

Do you have a pattern for sell on etsy or anything? Love the periwinkle outfit. My email address is lisa.kunst@yahoo.com

Flick said...

Do you have a pattern for sell on etsy or anything? Love the periwinkle outfit. My email address is lisa.kunst@yahoo.com

Hannah said...

Looks like a lot of people have asked for a pattern with no response but I'll try anyway. HannahFerguson@gmail.com Thanks!

Hannah said...

Looks like a lot of people have asked for a pattern with no response but I'll try anyway. HannahFerguson@gmail.com Thanks!

Rachel Wagner said...

Love this do you have a pattern for winter tinker bell or do u sell costumes?? Rwagner820@gmail.com

tiffriff said...

Do you have a pattern for the periwinkle costume? I love it. Thanks
Tiffriff08@gmail.com

tiffriff said...

What did you use for the fairy slippers? I was thinking about dying a pair of no show socks and putting the pompom on them.
Tiffriff08@gmail.com

Natasha Mell said...

I love the Periwinkle costume and that is what my daughter wants to dress up as. My grandma is searching for a pattern and I was wondering if you have a pattern available for this?
tashadanielle24@gmail.com

thanks!

- !«~NüßÎL£Nå~» said...

OMG Please!! Tutorials!!
My daughter is very excited to be Periwinkle this halloween, and I'm getting crazy for a DIY costume tutorial, So please I'm asking you, you will do a bunch of mommies and daughters a very happy girls!
nubilena@gmail.com

Nereida Beltran said...

Please. I would love a pattern too. For Periwinkle. Been looking like crazy for a costume for my 5 year old. Haven't seen one as good as yours. Thanks!! nebeltran@yahoo.con

Nereida Beltran said...

Please. I would love a pattern too. For Periwinkle. Been looking like crazy for a costume for my 5 year old. Haven't seen one as good as yours. Thanks!! nebeltran@yahoo.con

Un Ange Veille Sur Toi said...

Hello,
I discovered your creations with pinterest. I Love all your costumes, they are totally amazing!!!
Magnifique! J'adore!
Have a nice day!

Lisa Williams said...

Here's her slippers pattern https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cpXAwlExi5C678v86vHUJrdGtceYRQKa2Hhapa8sKcY/edit

Khrystal Battle said...

Hello, are you still sending out the patterns. I need one as I am having a secret of the wings party for my girls in April. If so please send the pattern to the periwinkle and Tinkerbell if you have.

whos_invited@yahoo.com

Ana Vale said...

Hi,
my daughter wants to be tinkerbell but it´s so cold and I can't find a costume for this weather. Can you send me the pattern of the Winter Woods Jacket? My email is anaduvale@gmail.com

Thanks! It would make my daughter's day!

Ana

Sabrina Jordan said...

Hi,
Also one of the myriad wondering about a pattern. Thank you!