photo home_zpsf660307b.jpg            photo follow_zpsf3eeb6e5.jpg         photo tutes_zps2632b987.jpg         photo galleries_zpsbe72ef9d.jpg

11.25.2010

A Bloggy Thank-You!!!

I have been wanting to write this post for several months now, and finally found the inspiration the other day to push me to do it.

I'm sure you all are familiar with Disney from Ruffles n' Stuff.  She has recently taken a break from blogging-- a long break.  But she popped in the other day with a 'sponsored blog post', and the very first commentor left an extrememly rude comment.  Click here to view the comments.

For those of you familiar with Disney, you have some idea of the hours and hours she has spent creating things, photographing her creations, writing detailed tutorials and sharing it all with us. . . and all without ever making any money for it! 

When I was young, my mother sewed most of my sister's and my clothing.  And in order to do this she had to options:

1.  Buy a pattern.
2.  Make a pattern herself.

Our generation has an information highway with mostly free information, and we have gotten to the point where we just seem to expect everything for free.  And something that I have realized with having my own blog, is that all that free info costs someone ALOT of their free time. 

So today, I am first of all thankful for all those fabulous commenters that take the time to show their appreciation and love.  Even if I don't respond to each of you individually, I read every comment and love them!  Thank you, thank you!

And also a
HUGE THANKSGIVING THANK YOU
for all those that spend so much of their time and effort to create amazing blogs and tutorials for nothing or very little.  Even those with small blogs and few followers. . . thanks for sharing with the world!

A few of my favorites:











The Sewing Dork, who is currently running a series:


There are so many others out there. . .  I am going to try to be better about leaving comments to show my appreciation.


Happy Thanksgiving! 
Hope you enjoy the food and family. . .

(and may you Black Friday shoppers not be trampled!)

5 comments:

The Sewing Dork said...

What a nice post (and thanks). It is always disappointing to see someone trying to ruin the fun. I believe in the old "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." And thanks for your great posts and creativity! They keep me inspired.

SisterlyLove said...

I saw that comment on Ruffles and Stuff as well. Wow.

Thanks for all the great links! I found a few new blogs to bookmark. :)

happy Thanksgiving!
Genevieve

Tara @ Tara Being Tara said...

I absolutely LOVE your blog.... It's one of my favorites!!

Barb said...

I enjoy checking into your blog, but I am a reader and unfortunately I don't take the time to say "well done"...to you today I want to say "well done" and thank you for sharing your blog and your ideas! Have a wonderful week!

dana said...

What a sweet post. thanks liesl :)