We've got some takers on the fabric swap. I've never done one of these before, so if I am doing it totally wrong-- just bear with me and feel free to give me any pointers.
Here's what I have figured out so far:
- All participants will be responsible for shipping costs, both to and from my home.
- Open to everyone, everywhere-- as long as you are willing to pay the shipping! ;0)
- I request that you pay return shipping via PayPal and include an extra $1US for packaging/ink/shipping label cost. If you are in the US and PayPal is not your thing, contact me and we can work something out. I will send you an invoice for the exact shipping cost when you are ready to have the 'new-to-you' fabric shipped.
- You can send me quilting fabric or apparel fabric or unused vintage fabric or vintage sheet fat quarters. If your fabric has been pre-washed, please pin a note on the fabric saying so. Your fabric choices are up to you-- but use your best judgement. If it is some double knit polyester that you inherited from your grandma, chances are good that no one else wants it either. These should be fabrics that you are tired of or have too much of-- but good, usable fabrics.
- I will measure the amount of fabric that you send. That will be the 'money' you have to shop with.
- I will take pictures of all the fabric I recieve and upload them. There will be a 'De-Stash Fabric Store' where you will be able to 'shop' with your 'fabric money'. First come, first served!
-I will mail the fabric back to you in the same way that you sent it to me. The hope is that the 'new-to-you' fabric will be a very similar weight. If you are in the US and have a lot of fabric, I suggest using a flat rate box. It is the easiest, quickest way to ship.
-Ship your fabric to me by September 7th. I will try to get it all posted within a week or two of recieving it all.
-Remember- this is supposed to be a fun adventure! There are no promises that there will be any fabric that you just absolutely love. Enjoy it for what it is.
Okay, so if this still sounds good and you are in, add your name to the linky list below. I just need either your name or an online alias and your email address. The email address will not be visible and will not be shared with anyone. It is just so I can contact you. And don't worry about have a link. Just leave it blank.
Change of plans-- apparently I don't have access to the emails on the linky list-- so, just leave me a comment with an email address, if your comment is not linked already to your email. Thanks!
Still open to everyone! Come join us!