photo home_zpsf660307b.jpg            photo follow_zpsf3eeb6e5.jpg         photo tutes_zps2632b987.jpg         photo galleries_zpsbe72ef9d.jpg


Cutting it Close!

I finished my submission just in the nick of time! Melissa's little Trimmed With Love contest ends tonight-- you still have a few hours!

Entry #1-

This little tank dress was made using upcycled men's dress shirts and embellished with vintage trim and buttons from Grandma's stash.

(And yes, I've got a tutorial available for the top coming soon!)

And most importantly, it's finally spring! Yay!

Entry #2-

A twirly skirt, with trim, again from Grandma's stash and a

black and white petti


Added a little strip of trim to the tank and made a shrug using Make It and Love It's tutorial. Cutest. Thing. EVER. (The shrug, that is!)
I seriously am going to make one (or two, or three) for me and K1 and K2 and K3.

How good it felt to finish a few fun things.
I can't believe how theraputic it is to create. . .

make it wear it

Linked to these parties.


Mama Lusco said...

These skirts are wonderful! Every little girl's dream :)

Lacey said...

Those are so adorable, love the shrug!!!

The Sewing Dork said...

Wow, you have such a vivid imagination! Love the black and red combo!

Christie said...

How CUTE these are!!! I love them! Great job.

Melissa Stramel said...

Awesome Leisel. I love them both.

Little Treasures said...

Oh my! Both are lovely but I think I have a crush on the gorgeous twirly skirt with the petti!

Little Treasures said...

Oh, and I forgot... Good luck with the contest!!!

Jessica said...

These are adorable! I love upcycling . . . and the twirly skirt with the petti is to die for.

kirstin & jordan said...

How I love this! The contrasting men's shirts are PERFECT for the skirt... lovely, lovely, lovely!
We have a linky party on fridays- we'd love it if you'd link to this! :)

Andrea @ said...

Wow. Seriously cute!!

amy anderson said...

I love LOVE love both of them!!!!cant wait for the tutorials!

Brooke said...



And let's hear it for some awesome pictures too!!! You are my idol. Enough said.

Misty said...

Love the red & black skirt! Thanks for linking @"Sew Cute Tuesday"!

anne maskell said...

oh, you are so creative! I love everything. I'm visiting with TTTC, hope you visit me too.

craftedbymama said...

These are too cute! I love to see things for older girls.

kirstin & jordan said...

I already told you that I love this, but wanted to let you know that we're featuring you tomorrow. Come on by and grab a button!

Amy @ Chicy-Creations said...

I want that skirt in my size! So cute! I love the shrug. I've been wanting to make some but haven't had any shirts to do this with, I might have to sacrifice one or go look for a cheap one at DI for my little girls!

sarah said...

i love the tank top dress. i agree that it should be in my size especially with all this heat this summer. i will have to keep checking back for the tutorial.

please stop on by my blog.

i would also love to have you visit my shoppe

warmly, sarah