photo home_zpsf660307b.jpg            photo follow_zpsf3eeb6e5.jpg         photo tutes_zps2632b987.jpg         photo galleries_zpsbe72ef9d.jpg

3.21.2010

I'm Back!

Wow! What a fabulous vacation we had. Now I just need a vacation from my vacation. You know how vacations can be with little ones. . . they don't generally include relaxation. But we had plenty of fun and it was WARM!!! Hallelujah! I am hoping we brought a little of the warm weather back with us.
Anybody heard about the Give a Day, Get a Disney Day? Ummm, can I just say-- AWESOME! You can look online for a service project in your area, serve for a day and get a free ticket to Disneyland! Yes, really FREE! Although, I just checked today and it looks like we did ours in the nick of time-- sadly, it has ended. But the good news is that 1 million people donated their time for a day in their community. That, too, is awesome.
One of the projects in the our area was for Project Linus. Project Linus is a great organization that dontates blankets to children in hospitals throughout the country. I have donated blankets in the past to Project Linus and was excited to do it again. Here are the blankets we donated for our free Disney tickets:
First, a crocheted afghan that I had finished quite a while ago that just hadn't found a home yet. Bet you didn't even know I crocheted, did you? ;0)
Also, several self-binding blankets, using this tutorial.
So, after a few days in warm, sunny Vegas with our best friends, we packed back up in the car and drove the 4+ hours to LA. Grandma and Aunt Lacey also came with us. So much fun! My girls were all first-times. And age 5 and 6 are the perfect age for Disneyland. Absolutely magical!
We also hit the beach-- another first time. Everyone loved, loved, loved it!
Hope your Spring Break was just as fun! I loved reading all your comments for the giveaway. Are you ready for a winner? Here you go!


#74 Alisha
Happy spring! (Or happy fall, if you happen to be in a different part of the world!)

2 comments:

Alisha said...

It sounds like a fantastic (and exhausting) spring break. And I can't believe I won the drawing! That makes my spring break. :)

Oh, and thanks for the link to the self-binding blanket. I've never seen one before. Brilliant! I'm going to give it a try.

Needled Mom said...

Three of our DILs just turned in their blankets for the program this week and all are looking forward to heading for the Magic Kindom. Glad that you had such a wonderful time.