photo home_zpsf660307b.jpg            photo follow_zpsf3eeb6e5.jpg         photo tutes_zps2632b987.jpg         photo galleries_zpsbe72ef9d.jpg

10.05.2009

The "To Do" List

I sat down the other night and made a list of all the sewing projects that I need to accomplish by the end of October. Ummm, it was sort of overwhelming. I have 28 seperate items for the girlies and my Halloween costumes (Halloween costumes have to be fabulous, do they not?), 7 items to sew for my stint as a pattern tester, and several other un-named (suprise) projects that need to be done. And this is just the October list. I haven't even started on Christmas, and I won't mention the (20 million) quilts I have started lying around my sewing room. Or the refashion ideas filling my head every day. Do any of you do this? Or am I just insane?



One thing that is NOT on my "to do" list:

cleaning the sewing room. I TOTALLY know where everything is. Each pile has a reason. . . Okay, now I KNOW I am insane. Help! I am drowning in fabric! (Now I just need to make sure the door stays closed so the hubby does not realize he has married a CRAZY!)

On a happier note, I get to "borrow" my grandma's serger for the time being, which is awesome, because I can use my serger just for the rolled hem and hers for serging. (My rolled hem attachment requires changing the throat plate every time I use it! So annoying! But very well loved.)

And that's about it. I suppose I won't have much time this month for fabulous pictures (which probably doesn't matter anyway, seeing as how it SNOWED here yesterday!!!). So, if you don't hear from me in the next few weeks, just know that I am working laboriously (or maybe I DID drown in my piles of fabric. . .). See you soon!

9 comments:

Lisa said...

I feel SO much better now! I thought my to do list was bad. LOL

Ange Moore said...

I love the pictures of your sewing room! I have a similar fabric-addiction problem but it hasn't quite exploded out of the wardrobe just yet!

Good luck crossing things of your to-do list.

Corey~living and loving said...

i can sew....(tee hee) relate to this. My problem...my sewing room is also our bedroom. eeekkk....it looks a mess, but everything in there is important. i have a bazillion projects. sigh...so fun...but overwhelming.

Stephanie said...

W.O.W! I thought my overwhelming list of to dos was bad! Good luck. And I'm sure you'll get every single item crossed off...this is Leisel we're talking about ;)
And i love your sewing room. That's how a real sewing room should look. I just wish I had a pinch of your talent!!

Lexie@BookBug said...

Do you want to make Jaxon a Halloween costume too? :) Haha!!

Lacey said...

That is awesome!!! At least it's not in your living room now, it has it's own special place. Love it! And good luck with all the projects, holy crap you are insane!

Angie said...

I was thinking holy mackrel! You have a TON of fabric! I really hope you get all of your projects done!

:0)

RabbitStyleNews said...

I gave myself the goal of completely cleaning and organizing my sewing room by the end of this year. The issue is, I keep thinking I should finish my list of projects first, and as you know, project to-do lists will never actually be completed...

The Wynn Family said...

Wow! And I was going crazy just to get my kids halloween costumes. I am impressed!!