photo home_zpsf660307b.jpg            photo follow_zpsf3eeb6e5.jpg         photo tutes_zps2632b987.jpg         photo galleries_zpsbe72ef9d.jpg

4.17.2009

Quilt Festival

Oh my goodness! I love it! An online quilt festival! So, since I really only have one REAL quilt done, I guess that will be my submission.

I was inspired by Crazy Mom Quilts to take up actual, real life, quilting after many years of sewing rag quilts and whatnot. The pattern I used is from Moda Bake Shop and the fabric from Lila Tueller's Soiree.

We recently moved to Idaho from Las Vegas and we left behind some very good friends. We had a very trying year before we moved and our friends helped us in every way possible. She just happens to LOVE blankets, so she was the perfect person to give my first quilt to.






I love every little part of quilting! From picking fabric, cutting, piecing, stippling-- so fun! I can't wait to make many, many more!!!!

Here's the link-- check out the other quilts!


23 comments:

Brooke said...

I looooooooooooooooooooooove it!!! Seriously, you have NO idea!!! You are so amazing at everything you do and I LOVE YOU!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!

Amy Sp said...

That's a nice story and I see that your friend loves it. It looks great!

jlk said...

Welcome to quilting! We have the same blog template --- too funny!

Lisa said...

How fun! I love your quilt!

Kerri said...

i love coin quilt!! yours is so lovely!!

Zonnah said...

Great job!

Jocelyn said...

You did a wonderful job! Love Amanda Jean's quilts. She inspires me.

Scrappy quilter said...

What a wonderful quilt. I really like this pattern.

Rhonda said...

The colors in your quilt of bright, warm and wonderful.

Terrie Sandelin said...

Coin quilts are one of my favorite patterns and the fabrics you have chosen are wonderful. This is really lovely!

Emma said...

Lovely! I've been eyeing-off this range, too.

stitchinpenny said...

I love coins. I also love the colors you picked.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your first quilt! I love the fabric and coins are hard to wrong with - great work!! thanks for sharing - and your friend is very lucky to receive your first :)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

wonderful!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Quilt Rat said...

Great quilt! Looks wonderful
Enjoy the festival

Andi said...

Fabulous quilt.
Well done!!!!

Micki said...

The colours are wonderful! I just loved your quilt!
Micki

Granny Lyn said...

This one is beautiful!!

Kim said...

You did a fantastic job! Love the colors and this is such a cute pattern.

Quiltmoose - Dagmar said...

Beautiful quilt and a lovely story!

Dagmar from Germany

Ariane said...

It's a beautiful quilt. You did a great job!!!

rebecs said...

loved it soo much i made one... love crazymomquilts, and love that yours is extra big! great job, stitching looks good.

Sequana said...

Great quilt for a very first one!